Prev: Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight Next: OT: Air games

Re: [OT] Air combat games

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:48:33 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] Air combat games

Matthew Seidl wrote:

> environment, but also doing some Aeronefs (anyone try those rules?)

I shall declare obvious bias here, since we market models for these
rules ...

Aeronef are a set of fast-play rules. They have the same sort of flavour
as FT, but
are even simpler. This is deliberate since they are intended for large
fleet
actions with tens of 'Nefs involved. They have rules for Aeronefs,
'Digs'
(dirigibles or airships) and fixed wing aircraft, bombing ground
targets, rescuing
shot-down crew and so on. There's quite a nice background involving a
war between
Britain and the French / Germans in the late C19th. The ship design
system is
pretty basic, which is the one aspect of the rules I would like to
change.
Nevertheless, a good set of rules to while away the odd hour without
taxing your
brain cells too much.

And of course there's a fantastic set of miniatures to back them .....
;-)

Tony

Prev: Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight Next: OT: Air games