Prev: Detection vs Identification Next: Re: Stripping Miniatures - Again...

Stripping Miniatures - Again...

From: Scott Speiker <scspieker@n...>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 22:55:11 -0400
Subject: Stripping Miniatures - Again...

Howdy all,
    I had read a post a while ago that pertained to stripping miniatures
of
the poor paint jobs that they currently have.  In the past I had used
laquer
thinner, which worked great.  However, I would like to use something a
little less smelly and if my memory serves me right (often it doesn't),
believe that someone mentioned that you could soak the figures in
dishwasher
detergent for a while and that would loosen the paint.

    These figures are painted using Acrylic paints, but the detergent
did
not work for me.  If maybe there is something that someone can suggest
as
well as offer some idea of the concentration used to make it work, the
gesture would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Scott Spieker

Prev: Detection vs Identification Next: Re: Stripping Miniatures - Again...