Prev: Re: The essence of miniatures Next: Re: Active vs Passive

Re: Active vs Passive

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 08:36:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Active vs Passive

Brian Quirt wrote:
>	  I would simply note that both of the above examples relied on
passive
> sensors. I also think that stealth to the point that "we don't know if
> anything's there" is essentially impossible, because you simply CAN'T
> hide your waste heat (except by running your ship at a 3K ambient
> temperature, but that would probably degrade your combat
effectiveness).
> I simply don't think that it's possible to hide yourself effectively
in
> a space battlefield.

	There was a long thread on rec.arts.sf.science
	which basically agreed with you.
	There was a lot of high-powered math thrown around,
	and heavy physics, but there it was.

	Go to Deja.com and look for a thread
	called He Who Radiates is Lost

Prev: Re: The essence of miniatures Next: Re: Active vs Passive