Prev: Re: Was Support Weapons in SGII now DSII Next: Re: SG2: Aerospace Morale House Rule

Re: SG2: Aerospace Morale House Rule

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:17:04 -0400
Subject: Re: SG2: Aerospace Morale House Rule

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:17:25 +1000, "Glover, Owen"
<oglover@museum.vic.gov.au>
wrote:

>Just back tracking here a moment.....if teh NSL player is firing a
missile
>on table then the rules simply require the VTOL to immediately make an
>evasion move (I forget teh exact distance....) but he certainly isn't
>required to leave the table....the Abort action you are referring to is
for
>a VTOL wishing to ENTER the table but fails his Confidence Roll....

Nope, that's not what I'm talking about.

First, the VTOL isn't required to make an evasion roll. He CAN evade the
missile, but so doing counts as his activation (and I'm inferring from
this
that if the unit has already been activated, he can't do this).

This is after the missile hits, but it does not penetrate. On page 48 it
says,
"If a hit is scored, roll its effect as for any anti-vehicle fire (using
the
aircraft's Armour Rating) and read the results as follows: any result
less
than a DISABLE forces the pilot to take a CONFIDENCE TEST at a threat
level of
+2 - if he fails this test he must abort his mission and leave the
table."

The person I was playtesting this with agreed with me that this seems
kind of
all or nothing. A VTOL transport making a critical pick up is plinked by
the
first GMS/P fired at it and if it fails the confidence test (if the VTOL
is
piloted by a Reg 2, the chance is 50%, a Vet 1 is still 30%) the VTOL
scampers
off. In my house rules there would still be this possibility (25% for
the Reg
2, 10% for the Vet 1), but even if that happens he can still show up
later
from the loiter box if the shaken pilot can make a Reaction Test.

As I said, it's a house rule. It just adds a little morale colour to
pilots
while giving them a little more staying power on the battlefield.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: Was Support Weapons in SGII now DSII Next: Re: SG2: Aerospace Morale House Rule