Prev: Website for Scratchbuilding Minis Next: Re: MT missiles and point costs

Re: MT missiles and point costs

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:13:52 +0200
Subject: Re: MT missiles and point costs

Roger Books wrote:

>>19% (OK, 19.444444....%) is the average percentage of systems
>>knocked out by an EMP hit against one specific screen level. I've
>>already posted which one <g>
>
>I'm not fishing for answers, the fact that this is one shield is
>fairly obvious to anyone who has had a statistics class or gamed
>enough to need to understand statistics.

<g> This time you got it right. But what caused your initial comment
about my having to "assume a distribution of ships with varying levels
of shields"? ;-)

>I personally think the winner in the MT systems is the needle
>torp.	Not only do I get a d6 damage but I have a significant
>chance of toasting an important system.

Agreed. I find it quite fascinating that the needle *beam* only has a
1:6 chance to kill the system it aims for in spite of being supported
by the ship's sensor suite, whereas the needle *torp* has a 1:2 chance
to do the same in spite of being at most as large as the beam, and
probably smaller since part of the 2 Mass for an MT missile is taken up
by the hardpoint... and much of the missile is taken up by its engine,
too :-/

>(I like my opponents to be thrust 3 or less. :)

As long as they use human-style drives and you play Cinematic I agree
:-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Website for Scratchbuilding Minis Next: Re: MT missiles and point costs