Prev: Re: MT missiles Next: RE: EW, Sensors, Stealth and Ships that go *BLIP* in the night

Re: PBeM, illegal orders

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 16:22:24 -0400
Subject: Re: PBeM, illegal orders

Roger Books wrote:

> What do you do when someone issues illegal orders in a PBeM?
> I'm thinking about setting stuff up to chop the orders to
> what the ship is capable of and going on, sound reasonable?
>
> Admiral:  3 points to Port
> Aide:  But Admiral
> Admiral:  Give the order!
>
> all the small ships go 3 points to port, leaving the thrust
> 4 BDN to soak up 12 SMs.

In PBeM games I've run I don't have fancy-dancy software to
plot everything out and up and cross-check for illegal moves,
so I did all that by hand. If someone issued an illegal move
and they were relatively new to PBeMing, I gave them a veiled
questioning if they really wanted to do that or not. If they
were more experienced, then generally their crew attempted
to pull off what was asked by the Captain, but given limitations
on ship designs and systems, the desired result didn't always
occur.

Which, in your case above, would have left the BDN to suck up
the salvos.  ;-)

Mk

Prev: Re: MT missiles Next: RE: EW, Sensors, Stealth and Ships that go *BLIP* in the night