Prev: RE: MT missiles Next: Re: EW

RE: FT scenarios

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 07:50:31 -0400
Subject: RE: FT scenarios

Nice scenarios.
I played in one such game at GZG-ECC involving a large space station
orbiting a planet. Much Fun. The idea of the game was to board the space
station while taking out opponents ships. The game devolved into "kill
the
station". But very Much Fun.

Wave Gun:
I would suggest that all sections facing the wave gun be damaged by it.
The
sections in the shadow of the front sections, may be protected or take
less
(-1d6?) damage.

Nova Cannon:
I would suggest that all sections would take damage from the nova
cannon, as
it is omni directional within the plasma sphere.

I would not worry about the cost of the decoys or jammers. Just balance
the
scenario (unless each side is allowed to bring thier own ships/designs).
If
you need to price them use the cost on p. 22 of FT for drones and
weasels.
You can use the Area ECM from p.6 of MT for the Jammers.

Until the ships "power-up" the missiles would be unable to distinguish
between the asteroids and the ships.

I would suggest that an asteroid with a bogey on it  would attract MT
Missiles/Salvo missiles just as any ship would. The missiles would
probably
not detenate, as thier sensors would not be spoofed at attack range. So
the
MT missile could probably continue on the next turn, but would have
wasted a
round of endurance.Salvo missiles, may not attack (depends on how stupid
an
AI you think that they have), but could not attack anything else as they
commited to the asteroid.

Section desinging in FB1:
Split the mass of the station into X number of units.
Decide if the station has a central power core, or a seperate one for
each
section. Cost a Thrust 1 engine if the station has a central core. If
the
station has a central power core, design the station so that the other
sections surround the core.
Treat each section as a ship. Give it hull, FCS and weapons. If using
the
central power core, the central section may not have weapons, but may
not be
attacked until the outer section facing the attacking ship has been
destroyed. If not using a central power core give each section a power
core.
Cost this core at 1/2 a thrust 1 engine.
Give the station a lot of armor and screens (may be in central section).

Give the station a lot of PDS.
You may want to make one section of the station a "bay" section and have
it
house a large number of fighters.
Anyway, just my suggestions.

-----