Prev: Re: [OT]Starwars Ep 1 Video Next: Re: DS II: Rambling as usual, this time about infantry and walkers and stuff

Re: [OT] Starwars Ep 1 Video

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 02:00:21 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Starwars Ep 1 Video

One of my pet peeves is the movie industry encoding the DVD's to
maintain their
"regions of distribution".

I also heard that some of the DVD players have "hidden" modes to play
any
DVD...One company has allready gotten itself into trouble over
this...:-)

(I don't remember which brands tho...:-(  )

Donald Hosford

Christopher wrote:

> <snip>
> >>Until Speilberg gets with it and releases his
> >>movies on DVD, I'm not buying any.
>
> >>   Sorry, just a pet peeve of mind.
>
> Uhm, Steven Spielberg didn't make SW:Ep 1 (or any other SW movie for
that
> matter).
>
> But I agree!	I'm torn between my loyalty for the SW universe and the
desire
> to buy and watch high quality reproduction of movies I enjoy.  Not
buying
> EP1 on VHS is a way for people to re-enforce how upset fans were when
Lucas