Prev: Re: OT: A couple of Space Combat Related Purchases. Next: Infantry Walkers for Stargrunt - from Heavy Gear figs...

Re: OT: A couple of Space Combat Related Purchases.

From: "Conchart@g..." <conchart@geotec.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 18:11:36 -0500
Subject: Re: OT: A couple of Space Combat Related Purchases.

Well, to each their own. I myself don't mind counters, so long as they
represent miniatures not on the field of battle, which will eventually
be
put on the table, or can be under the right circumstances(i.e. hidden
units). If a game had nothing but counters to represent units, I
probably
wouldn't play it because:

A. I like painting miniatures, any miniatures, even miniatures I never
will
play with. I have a lot of skeletons and other assorted fantasy stuff
for
someone who never plays fantasy games.

B. I like how they look and feel on table, lends some concrete,
tangibility
to the game.

C. I spend my spare time gaming with miniatures and painting. Sounds
better
than, I spend my spare time playing with little cardboard squares.

Jade Tseng, who thinks counters are good for snipers and unit
information,
and damn little else.