Prev: Re: OT: A couple of Space Combat Related Purchases. Next: Re: OT: A couple of Space Combat Related Purchases.

re: DS II: Rambling as usual, this time about infantry and walkers and stuff

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 10:37:45 PDT
Subject: re: DS II: Rambling as usual, this time about infantry and walkers and stuff

Yeah, they do look cool.  I bought three packs - 1 each of Longinus,
Achileus, and generic IS Battlearmor.  Since their armor styles don't
look
similar enough to snip them off those long bases and mix and match, this
is
what I've decided to do:
1: The Achileus are Rifle Elements - they don't have the big packs the
others have, and their weapons look like a mix of Assault Rifles, SAW's,
and
Grenade Launchers.
2: The Longinus will be my GMS/L Troopers - their SRM packs will be the
GMS
launchers, and their arm weapons will be light arms stuff (Even though
it
looks identical to the weapons on every other trooper's arms)
3: The Generic IS Battlearmor will be APSW elements - Those boxes on
their
backs don't have any apertures to be weapons of any sort, I'll say
they're
ammo bins for the APSW's.

In terms of the size rules, it makes sense. Howver, for myself, Since I
tend
to use miniatures that are scaled on the small end of the spectrum, what

might be class 1 for someone else is easily large enough, in comparison
my other minis, to pass for class 2 (or even 3)  I found one of those WH
40k
epic titans that someone mentioned once in the used bin at my local game

store, and it  is easily class 2 for my troops.  I'm thinking of picking
up
some Kanazuchi Battlearmor and calling them class 1 walkers. Have you
seen
them? They dwarf even the Clan Elemental figures.