Prev: RE: DS II: Rambling as usual, this time about infantry and walkers and stuff Next: Re: OT: A couple of Space Combat Related Purchases.

re: DS II: Rambling as usual, this time about infantry and walkers and stuff

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 17:20:12 GMT
Subject: re: DS II: Rambling as usual, this time about infantry and walkers and stuff

>A few thoughts:
>
>Same complaint someone else had, I fell prey to today despite my
caution.
>bought myself some Battletech IS Powered Armor troops to use in DS II.

>Good
>Lord! The things are almost as big as the stuff I'm using as Infantry
>Walkers.  They tower over most of my low slung MBT's. They're just way
out
>of scale. Do most people go ahead and use them, despite this? I admit,
the
>vehicle figures I use are on the small side compared to some lines. But
>still... yeesh!

I might have been the one complaining.	Yes, they are big -- when based,
my
infantrymen can easilt look over top of their APC.  There's no way in
hell
that they could actually fit inside of the darned thing.  But I have no
regrets.  They paint up beautifully, and they are large enough at you
can
look at them and tell what they are from a good distance.  The
PA...well,
okay.  It's big.  I'm mouting them one to a base, and they do look
closer to
infantry walkers than to powered armor.  But again, you can easily tell
what
they are supposed to be.  I'm going to use them, and mix them with my
other
infantry, no matter how big they are.  Because, again, they look
fantastic
when they are painted up.

>Why are walkers relegated to size 1 or 4-7? Why no size 2 or 3 walkers?
If
>smaller walkers are possible, and so are bigger ones, why not the
>middle-sized ones?  I'm all for allowing class 2 Infantry Walkers, and
>class
>3 Combat Walkers.

I think that it's just because of the sizes of the most commonly
available
figures.  They tend to be either really big, or really small.  If you've
got
something in between, make it a size two or three -- I'm pretty sure
that
this has been Officially Approved, too.

John Crimmins			  john1x@hotmail.com
     http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/index.html

   "We're not at home to Mr. Reasonable, sergeant."
   "I do not hear him knockin', sir."
    --Terry Pratchett, _The Fifth Elephant_