Prev: MT missiles and point costs Next: KV Vehicles

Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:28:46 -0500
Subject: Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements

Sorry, Oerjan. I tend to think of FB designs, not FB-legal designs, and
in cinematic only, when I'm making tactical/fleet comments. Even Really
Big Tables (tm) or the use of centimeters is a bit foreign to the way I
think of playing. Not wrong, of course, just not the way I'm thinking.
I'll try to make those codicles with every FT comment in the future.

Otherwise, I thought most of the rest of what you said had already been
covered.

***
and if you're able to maneuver
(thrust-6+ for human ships) they're not very much of a threat, but OTOH
you won't have that many weapons to fire back with <g>
***
Banzai jammers work very well against a fleet with nothing but
missiles, or unable/unwilling to use their secondary weapons. They
don't do nearly as well against a fleet combining missiles with decent
secondary batteries sturdy enough hulls to survive a beam exchange of a
turn or so before the missiles are launched... but such a fleet is a
very far cry from the ships Adrian suggests :-)
***

Well, the more secondary batteries, the fewer the missles, too. I'll
take your word on the trade off in most cases, of course.

Not that that will stop you from creating explanatory statistics. ;->=

Please note that I'm not saying I don't try alternate designs, just
never completed testing on any. However, now that I've got decals for
my Texaco fleet... ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: MT missiles and point costs Next: KV Vehicles