Prev: Re: Vehicle Design Philosophy Next: Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements

RE: KV Vehicle Design Philosophy

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 09:22:35 PDT
Subject: RE: KV Vehicle Design Philosophy

Several people have gone the route of making KV weapons take up space 1
level smaller than their class, specifically for HKP's and MDC's.  The
problem is, this effectively limits the KV to 4 classes in these
weapons.
Thatr's because class 1 and class 2 weapons would be the same suize, so
why
bother ever mounting a class 1?  Instead, I suggest that the DS II K
Guns
draw 1 extra damage chit. Thus, a class 1 K Gun would draw 2 chits, a
Class
2 would draw 3, etc...	 Admittedly, this means a class 5 K Gun would
draw 6
chits. As a human player, this does scare several things out of me,
including excrement AND theological realms of punishment.  However, it
seems
to fit the description of the KV.  Just make sure you increase their
COST by
one weapons class as well.

As for making all other weapons 1 size larger  than their damage, came
up
with an alternative. Instead of adding 1 to the weapons class before
calculating fit, increase the modifiers for these weapons to x4 for
turrets,
and x3 for fixed arc and secondary weapons.  I did the math on this, it
would give class 1 and 2 weapons less of a disadvantage than your idea,
make
class 3 about the same as yours, and make class 4 and 5 weapons much
more
disadvantaged.	In game terms, class 1 and 2's would be just a bit
larger
than their human counterparts, while the class 3-5 weapons would be
grotesquely bulky - which seems fitting for a technology with which the
KV
are not yet familiar.

Here's a question that all this disparity (both ways) in weapons tech
brings
up:  HOw will people deal with campaigns and the ability of both sides
reverse-engineer each others' tech from captured units?

Brian B