Prev: Re: Vehicle Design Philosophy Next: Phalon and Sa'Vasku encounters on starmaps?

Re: The GZG Digest V1 #822

From: Jeff Lyon <jefflyon@m...>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 08:28:06 -0500
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #822

At 02:19 PM 4/5/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:00:00 -0400
>From: Reen-Shuler Adrian <reen-shuler.a@mellon.com>
>Subject: Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements

>Although I must admit it seems distasteful that the missiles can't sort
for
>size.
>Yes, I'm sure you can make all kinds of ECM arguments, but still...

One of the earliest house rules my gaming group made was to allow
dedicated
firecons to provide terminal guidance for missile salvos.  So if a ship
with three firecons, three SMLs and beams fired at one target with
beams,
it could use the two remaining firecons to "guide" one missile salvo
each
to any target ship within the 3" (or 6") attack radius.  The remaining
salvo, being unguided would automatically target the closest ship.

Jeff

Prev: Re: Vehicle Design Philosophy Next: Phalon and Sa'Vasku encounters on starmaps?