Prev: Re: FT III Next: Re: Narn Bat Squad

Re: FT3 -- Cloaking

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:48:36 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
Subject: Re: FT3 -- Cloaking

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000 18:16:26 +1000 Alan and Carmel Brain
<aebrain@dynamite.com.au> wrote:

> For Cloak rules, the ones I really like involve removing the model
(leaving a "datum" marker) and pre-plotting its movement while under
cloak. It can't see anything else. One problem is that with area effect
weapons - Plasma balls - they should both make it visible and affect
the model. Bummer. <

Depends. I may be several generations of rules behind the times here --
EW is not something I use much -- but didn't the original PSB for the
FT cloak involve it putting the ship in a sort of pocket universe? In
that case, area weapons will be as ineffective as any other, because
the ship _isn't there_ to be revealed or damaged.

It certainly solves the lucky hit problem <g>.

Phil
"I think... I think I am!     |        I think _I_ am:
 Therefore I am... I think?"  | 	Phil Atcliffe
   -- The Moody Blues	      | (Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: Re: FT III Next: Re: Narn Bat Squad