Prev: FB2 Movement Rules Next: New GZG Player Questions

FB2 Status???

From: "Mike Miserendino" <darkstar@m...>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 22:49:42 +0000
Subject: FB2 Status???

Could someone please let me know the status of FB2 development?  I've
have been swamped with work and to top it off had some water damage
in my home resulting in downtime for about two weeks.  It's a little
hard to catch up on all the email traffic and I realy wanted to get
back in quick.

I had done considerable playtesting with the new Kra'Vak and Sa'Vasku
rules and wanted to post the details, but wonder if it's valid
anymore.  In any case, all went well and everyone seemed to enjoy the
new rules and found them to be quite balanced.	We liked the way the
Kra'Vak played a lot better, but still found the best defense with
human ships was using vector movement and plenty of missiles.  When
we tried using beam ships and cinematic movement, the Kra'Vak won
everytime.  The game can be balanced with equal point fleets as long
as you design the non-Kra'Vak fleet to meet the threat.  This seemed
as a  logical progression during a war to better deal with an enemy
threat.  Again, we liked it.

An interesting note: I had some Warhammer 40K players try out the FT
games as playtesters and they loved FT!  In fact everytime I show up
at the store now they ask me when I will run the next FT game.
During one FT playtest they attended, another WH40K player kept
bugging them to stop playing FT and play WH40K instead.  They told
the guy to go blow and said they rather play FT.

Mike

Prev: FB2 Movement Rules Next: New GZG Player Questions