Prev: re: Narn Bat Squad Next: [OT] New Player

RE: The Sorrows of Airbrushing

From: "Kieran \"KR\" Rohan" <krs@g...>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:49:35 -0700
Subject: RE: The Sorrows of Airbrushing

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
[mailto:owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU]On Behalf Of Mark A. Siefert
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2000 9:13 PM
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
Subject: The Sorrows of Airbrushing

Hello All:

	The tank got a bath.

	Everything was going just fine until I got to the masking part
of the
model.	The olive drab coat covered nicely.  Then I masked off the
stripes with masking tape.  OK so far.	Then I painted over the olive
coat with the U.S. Green.  After waiting for it to dry, I peeled away
the tape...

	DISASTER!  I didn't pull off a piece of tape without striping
off some
of the paint--primer and all--from the model.  Not only that, but in
most cases the paint soaked through tape

	What did I do wrong?

Your coats were too thick.  And you didn't allow sufficient time for
drying
between coats.	Also, did you wash each model as per package
instructions to
remove ANY trace of mold release?

KR
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"Let joy be unconfined. Let there be dancing in the streets,
	drinking in the saloons, and necking in the parlor."

				      --Groucho Marx (as Otis Driftwood)
					"A Night At the Opera"

E-MAIL: siefert@milwpc.com	      WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: re: Narn Bat Squad Next: [OT] New Player