Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salute, FB2 and stuff...... Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] Salute, FB2 and stuff......

Re: DSII Ideas/questions: ADS, FO's,

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 20:22:40 PDT
Subject: Re: DSII Ideas/questions: ADS, FO's,

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz>
To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 21:22:16 +1200

Andrew wrote:
 >  I deploy them [ADS/ZAD] in pairs to make a unit. I also don't bother
using them
to protect other units against GMS.

BBack: Oh, I'll use them for that purpose as the opportunity arises, but
doubt I'll be deploying them specifically for that duty.

     Usually enough to cover the table approximately, or my forces, but
no
more than about 1/10 of my total force (in vehicles).

BBack:Sounds reasonable.

     You do have a point here. I've failed to consider main guns versus
active ADS/ZAD. This is because I'm normally taking out ADS/ZAD with
"tossed" DFO or GMS/3, not with main guns, so this hasn't been/become a
concern to me.
     It's a good point. I'm going to have to do some work on this point.
At
the moment, the quickest and nicest way is for the main gun firer to
roll
the ADS/ZAD quality in addition to their fire control dice versus the
ADS/ZAD size.

BBack: It's not just main guns, my point was, with the ADS emitting
radar
over God Only Knows how many frequencies, it has to be pretty easy for
weapons and firecons of all shapes and sizes to pick them up in that
spectrum, regardless of HOW much their paint masks the IR/UV/Visible
spectrums....

Brian Bilderback

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salute, FB2 and stuff...... Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] Salute, FB2 and stuff......