Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salute, FB2 and stuff......Not anymore! Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] Salute, FB2 and stuff......

Re: DSII Ideas/questions: ADS, FO's,

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 21:22:16 +1200
Subject: Re: DSII Ideas/questions: ADS, FO's,

Andrew wrote:
>  I deploy them [ADS/ZAD] in pairs to make a unit. I also don't bother
using them
to protect other units against GMS.

BBack wrote:
> And how many pairs do you deploy?
> What ratio to other units do you use to determine this?

    Usually enough to cover the table approximately, or my forces, but
no
more than about 1/10 of my total force (in vehicles).

Andrew wrote:
> BTW, in my games, stealth is just advanced manufacturing technology,
_not_
electronic camouflage. Therefore ADS can have effective stealth.

BBack wrote:
> I've got some issues with that. I mean, these suckers are emitting
radio
waves like mad. It seems to me the rules are reasonable, because I'm
sure
that by then you could design your fire control systems with the
technology
to track those signals (effectively turning every tank's main gun into a
HARM).

    You do have a point here. I've failed to consider main guns versus
active ADS/ZAD. This is because I'm normally taking out ADS/ZAD with
"tossed" DFO or GMS/3, not with main guns, so this hasn't been/become a
concern to me.
    It's a good point. I'm going to have to do some work on this point.
At
the moment, the quickest and nicest way is for the main gun firer to
roll
the ADS/ZAD quality in addition to their fire control dice versus the
ADS/ZAD size.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
-><-

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salute, FB2 and stuff......Not anymore! Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] Salute, FB2 and stuff......