Prev: Re: Top Ten List was Re: KV Language Next: Re: KV Language

Re: SG2, a little help with some weapon statistics

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 09:29:54 -0700
Subject: Re: SG2, a little help with some weapon statistics

Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

> John Leary wrote:
> > Conchart@geotec.net wrote:
> > > Nope, I'm quite sure, the rounds are .75 cal in size, explosive,
and rocket
> > > propelled(caseless).
> > Can we say 'Gyroject' projectile here?
>
>	  I'm unsure if this is exactly a Gyrojet.
>	  The Gyrojet projectile had a case. At the back, four nozzles
>	  were angled in order to impart spin to the projectile.
>	  (that's the "Gyro" in "Gyrojet")
>
>	  I do not think you could do the same thing with caseless
>	  rocket ammo.

Nyrath,
     We are picking nits here!
A gyrojet can be considered 'caseless' because it does not have a
'shell caseing' or 'cartridge case' that contains the propellent.
I must also point out that if the projectile is 'unrotated', the
weapons ability to hit the broad side of a barn at short range
is in doubt.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Top Ten List was Re: KV Language Next: Re: KV Language