Prev: RE: FB2 and Brian Burger Next: Re: SG2, a little help with some weapon statistics

FB2 - Initial look

From: Craig Summers <cgs@b...>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 00:05:54 +0100
Subject: FB2 - Initial look

Hello list

Having emptied my wallet at Salute today (Kid in candy store mode),
I'm the happy owner of FB2 Salute edition [1]. So far I've only had a
quick read on the train home but so far:

Similar layout to FB1 which I liked.

Kra'Vak - Armour has gone, but you do not want to be hit by the large
class K-guns [2]. The SDN has a potential of 48! damage just with the
main weapons. Limited arcs do help though my NSL fleet are looking
bl**dy nervous.

Sa'Vasku - Can we say not-Shadows :). But they look like they will need
a lot of care as there are a lot of options. Probably the most alien.
Also potentially as manoeuvrable as Kra'Vak.

Phalon - 6MU Area weapon, ohmigod. I don't think I'll be able to design
another ship without thinking PDS first (rather than latter). The
secondary
weapon (pulsar) may be the real danger, configurable prior to battle for
short (6 dice), medium (2), or long range (1).

However humanity still remains the leaders with fighters, with more
variants.

Overall so far I really like it, my minds still churning over the
tactical
possibilities.

Craig (List lurker)

[1] Call the Narn BAT squad. The printers did make a mistake missing a
page
and printing twice another, however it was background, not rules. GZG
are
already sorting it from what I was told on the stand ( there customer
service
is as always second to none!).
[2] Renamed from railgun. Seems railguns are to be a future human
weapon.

--
Craig Summers
cgs@baraddur.f9.co.uk

Prev: RE: FB2 and Brian Burger Next: Re: SG2, a little help with some weapon statistics