Prev: RE: SG2, a little help with some weapon statistics Next: Re: Interesting Birthday Cake

RE: SG2, a little help with some weapon statistics

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 09:48:57 +1000
Subject: RE: SG2, a little help with some weapon statistics

Ahh, that makes much more sense. A PA only weapon. Yep, take it off the
Power Armour and in the hands of a 'crunchie' it becomes a support
weapon.

May I suggest either:

 a fixed FP4, IMP d8; it is HE after all so penetration against Armour
will
be less likely than a tungsten/steel round. With FP 4 you will get the
liklihood of relatively high number of casualties for a small number of
firers.

OR

each weapon firing is FPd8 and IMPd8. I think I prefer this as the
weapon
equates more to a support weapon. If you are using squads of 4 or 5 men
and
they are of Vet or Elites then 5 Men will give you a d12 and 5d8s. Very
high
chance of Suppression (HE rounds)at longer ranges and at close ranges
Range
Bands1 or 2, unless in hard cover the target will take nasty casualties.

I think you can justify the FPd8 as you are porting over from a
different
universe/background and the multipls of FP4 will have you stuck on d12
if
you have more than 3 firers.....

Try them both and any other configs you can get hold of! I'd be very
interested in how they game out!

Cheers,

Owen