Prev: Re: Interesting Birthday Cake Next: [OT] Smaller Extra-Solar Planets Found

Exoskeletons, AGLs and HMGs

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:02:50 -0500
Subject: Exoskeletons, AGLs and HMGs

Exoskeleton project: Pretty cool idea. What they're talking about sounds
like primitive PA or a heavy gear style Infantry Walker. There is a
limit in
the GZG-verse to what a PA suit can probably carry (though in SG2 that
seems
to be quite a bit). Liking the big Heavy Gears, myself and Adrian J came
up
with some Infantry Walker rules for these (roughly) size 0.5 vehicles to
let
them carry firepower out of proportion to their size (like the figures)
but
also have some weaknesses to reflect that (if you look at most of the
gear
models, the weapons are exposed). They're sort of a Heavy-PA/Size 1
Walker
cross. I had thought I had them entirely assembled off my website, but
it
seems not. I'll see what I can do tonight.

AGLs and HMGs: In assembling the rules for Gears, we needed to deal with
HMGs, AGLs and Flamers. I'll consolidate all of this Infantry Walker
specific ruleset on one page later then post the URL.

For the HMG, I think we lifted an idea posted by Owen and use a FP of
1d10
or 1d12 (depends on taste... I think it should have 1d10 because some of
the
smaller MGs actually probably fire faster than the .50) but use an
impact of
2d6*. That gives it a tad better impact than the conventional SAWs,
while
not really challenging the RFACs.

I suspect an RFAC is actually likely (to a greater degree than an HMG)
overpenetrate versus infantry if not firing HE rounds because
anti-armour
penetrators will just shoot through a human like he/she pretty much
wasn't
there. So I think one can argue that the d10* impact of an RFAC/1 might
be
justified. <If one doesn't want to break the system any further>.

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Re: Interesting Birthday Cake Next: [OT] Smaller Extra-Solar Planets Found