Prev: Re: DS II: Just to make trouble Next: Re: DS II: Just to make trouble

Re: DS II: Just to make trouble

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:14:09 +1200
Subject: Re: DS II: Just to make trouble

Brian B(eing a stinker) wrote:
> Ok, this question will probably be torn apart, but on the other hand,
it
might be fun to see what people say...

> The .50 cal/12.7 mm HMG would definitely be an APSW, right? On the
heavy
end, but still an APSW.

> A 20 mm autocannon would be an RFAC 1, according to the book....
>
> So where does the Soviet KPV (14.5 mm)fit? APSW or RFAC 1????

On the contrary, I believe a 5.56mm LMG is a Light APSW, a 7.62mm MMG is
APSW, while a 12.7mm (0.50 cal) is most definitely a Heavy APSW.

The 14.5mm weapon could either be RFAC/1 or Heavy APSW. It's definitely
not
as good as a Western 20mm cannon.

An alternative is Extra-Heavy APSW taking 2 capacity points (three in
turret) and doing 5 damage chits to infantry, and, perhaps, drawing 1
chit
as RFAC against vehicles, with slightly less effectiveness. Needs a
little
more thought, though.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
-><-

Prev: Re: DS II: Just to make trouble Next: Re: DS II: Just to make trouble