Prev: [FT][PBEM] Call for players, alternates, lurkers Next: The Defense Industry from the Inside LOL

[DS2, SG2] Power Armor

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:46:42 -0500
Subject: [DS2, SG2] Power Armor

A quick look at the fluff in the back of SG2 shows Power Armor (PA)
having
an endurance of 12-48 hours (based on quality). Only the ESU PA mentions
that duration can be extended by the use of external power packs. This
brought up some questions:

1) What is the power source for PA? Fusion, Power Cell, Battery, Other.

2) What is the recharge/refuel time and procedure? Recharge from APC?
Portable fusion generator? New Deutronium <sp> Cell?

I already see possibilities for an FMASk (Skirmish) game. NSL PA crew
return
to the APC after a long push into FSE territory. They plug in their
suits,
disarmor, and sack-out. Then the FSE ambush (artillery in conjunction
with
sniper team that has TAG). Artillery takes out the APC leaving the PA
Team
sans-armor with only small arms (pistols) and 1-2 PA (someone had to
stand
watch). The game now consists of find the snipers/avoid the searchers.
Sniper Team should be about 1/2 the size of the former-PA team. The
Sniper
Team should be armed with silenced weapons, night vision and use hidden
movement (if possible). The former-PA should have some penalty applied
for
night fighting, as they depended on the PA for night vision. A time
limit
should be set as the FSE are beginning a counter-thrust to retake the
previous NSL gains.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net