Prev: [OT] photos Next: [ds2] DS2 Flavor

Re: [ds2] Portable Heavy Weapons (was: Dirtside powered armor)

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:52:52 PST
Subject: Re: [ds2] Portable Heavy Weapons (was: Dirtside powered armor)

Hmmm....
It seems that those of us for whom DS II is our favorite GZG game are in
the
decided minority.

A "Bugs don't surf" book sounds interesting, if of limited use to me,
since
I only use the game rules, not the background history. But it might give
me
some ideas.

One of the things that I've noticed, and correct me if I'm wrong (Like I

really had to say that), but it seems the DS II is much more true to the

"generic" goal set out in it's intro than the other games are.	I know
people use FT for Bab 5 etc., but it seems fairly difficult to discuss
either FT or SG without phrases like NAC, FSE, ESU, NSL and the Kra'vak
from
popping up, while in DS II, you can have quite a long thread without
those
things ever being mentioned.

This is both a boon and a bane.  On the positive side, it means you can
use
the rules for just about any setting you want. On the negative side, it
really does make the game slightly blander than the others. In DS II, an
HEL
3 is an HEL 3 is an HEL 3.... has anyone come up with  house rules to
represent slight minor differences in weapons performances between
similar
weapons of different nationalities, say for instance, Power X's MDC's do
not
have the same range as Power Y's, but their higher ROF makes them
deadlier
vs. infantry (Reduce their range bands by an inch or so, but draw 3
chits vs
infantry), or other similar nuances?

Brian B