Prev: [FT][PBEM] Next: Elevation/Depression of AFV main arms (and a microarmour comment or two)

Re: (FT) centimeter scale

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:18:09 +0100
Subject: Re: (FT) centimeter scale

Bell, Brian K

>I would like to see some of the tables using cm scale with an ESU
>Komorov or FSE Foch on the table. (Does anyone have pictures?)
>Do they use proxy stands for the miniatures when in close?

You may want to give the Foch an extra high base. An extra cm can do
wonders <g> Or reduce the other ships' bases by a cm or so; that gives
the same effect but usually takes more work :-/

>I assume that theydon't stack the miniatures.

It happens, yes. Two coats of varnish is preferred around here to avoid
chipping, but not necessary IMO (I have still to chip any of my models
with single-coat varnish).

>Most combat would place all ships within 1 1/2 feet of each other
(36cm
>range of Class-3 beam).

So? Unless you have 40+ ships per side (or you use Starfleet Wars
miniatures like the Victory-class beasties), this isn't a problem. 40+
ships per side is a pretty big battle IMO.

The real problem is when you have 40+ ships, all within *12* cm of each
other (massed SubPack strikes <g>) :-7

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: [FT][PBEM] Next: Elevation/Depression of AFV main arms (and a microarmour comment or two)