Prev: Re: Combat films- more for the list Next: Re: [OT] OGRE

Re: Combat films- more for the list

From: JohnDHamill@a...
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 18:32:06 EST
Subject: Re: Combat films- more for the list

In a message dated 3/19/00 8:45:20 PM Central Standard Time,
los@cris.com
writes:

<< I can not allow all these great old movies to pass by without
mentioning
 "Objective Burma", w/ Erroll Flynn, arguably my favorite of WW2 movies,
and
the
 one movie around that captures a true special operation in all it's ups
and
 downs. Enough so that I make all the prospective candidates that we
send down
 to selection every year watch it during our own pre-selection. And they
have
 watch it too, since it's part of the whole sleep deprivation
thing...<EG>.

There is a movie called "Never so Few" about Southeast Asia, starring
Frank
Sinatra, Steve McQueen, and a few others, that is so...odd that it's
hard to
describe. One scene has Sinatra's native gun-bearer pulling the pins on
grenades, setting them in front of Sinatra, for him to throw. Another is
raid on a hut where some Japanese officers were being "entertained". One

character breaks down the door, and sprays the room with an SMG. The
camera
cuts to an interior shot of the room, and only the Japanese were shot!
Not
one of the prostitutes was hit! Still another was a scene of an assault
on a
Japanese prepared position, one character jumps into a trench, the next
one
stands on the edge of it, and sprays the entire trench with an SMG,
including
where his buddy just went! Some of my gamer friends and I watched this
one
late night after a game, and just broke up laughing! Till this day none
of us
can mention that film without busting up!

John
JohnDHamill@aol.com

Prev: Re: Combat films- more for the list Next: Re: [OT] OGRE