Prev: Re: SM targetting Next: Re: Combat films

Re: Combat films

From: JohnDHamill@a...
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 15:46:23 EST
Subject: Re: Combat films

In a message dated 3/18/00 8:13:27 AM Central Standard Time,
tgunner@hotmail.com writes:

<< Red Dawn it was, and it wasn't that bad- much better than Starship
Troopers
 anyway. It had a wonderful of showing some very nice looking Soviet
AFVs
 (the semi-T-72's looked pretty sharp and the BRDMs and BMD's were VERY
nice
 :)

Red Dawn wasn't so bad, a little jingoistic, but that's what you expect
from
movies about your country being invaded. Still, the "guerrillas in the
mountains" angle was interesting especially since it took place in the
US,
which hasn't been invaded since Panch Villa. I always wondered what a
modern
war fought in the US would be like, since we have some incredibly built
up
areas, and some pretty desolate ones, too.

John
JohnDHamill@aol.com

Prev: Re: SM targetting Next: Re: Combat films