Prev: Full Metal Americas Next: Re: Combat films

[FT] KV, Vector and Tweaks

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 14:34:46 -0500
Subject: [FT] KV, Vector and Tweaks

Oerjan and I were discussing an IF vs KV vector battle in light
of the forthcoming FB2, and Oerjan pointed out a balance issue.
The KraVak, we all know, tend to have one-arc-only heavy weapons
plus lots of maneuverability.  This will make them balance human
fleets in Cinematic mode; but in vector, the KV can always turn
to face at the end of their move, so a limited firing arc
doesn't really limit them, and the human fleet will get
outmaneuvered and obliterated.	(Actually, Oerjan said something
to the effect that he'd take the IF side to face my KV, making
it pretty much an even fight--thanks, Oerjan :-P  ).

Further, in vector we have a couple of ways to abuse the system.
If you're running away from someone, you can thrust, rotate, and
fire, then next turn rotate and thrust--you get a full effect F
arc shot every other tun while running away at full speed.  You
can also use the following extremely cheddary sequence to get
more than your maximum thrust: Thrust, turn 90 degrees, and
push; next turn push, turn back to your original heading, and
thrust.  A thrust 4 ship can effectively move 5 MU/turn using
this sequence.

I am therefore going to enter a suggestion that rotating in
Vector be limited to the beginning of the move.

Debate?

Prev: Full Metal Americas Next: Re: Combat films