Prev: Dirtside powered armor Next: RE: Combat films

Re: A film I forgot

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 15:05:45 PST
Subject: Re: A film I forgot

Actually, I was fully aware that the soldiers were light horse infantry,
DID watch the movie.  I made reference to a cavalry charge simply
because
that's what someone else called it earlier in the thread. But thanks for
the
concern about my bubble.  I also recall that the reason the Cavalry-LIKE

charge was so successful was that the Turks had their arty and machine
guns
elevated for a greater range, and once the Aussies got inside that
range,
the Turkish guns simply fired over their heads. I also recall somehting
about having to get into the Turkish HQ in time to prevent them from
blowing
the well....

Brian B