Prev: Re: [OT] Ideologies, was Re: Starship Troopers (was RE: Mission to Mars) Next: Re: AFV's/Curiosity

Re: Combat films

From: "Scott Case" <tgunner@h...>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 06:58:06 PST
Subject: Re: Combat films

I can name a few more-

Roughriders (TNT movie- the uniforms and equipment were great, and the

	story was pretty good, if not completely accurate :)

ANZACS	    (An old flick with every American's favorite ozzie- Paul

      Hogan. I loved the characters and thought the uniforms

and equipment were first rate- and the tactics looked
rather
accurate and kept up with the changes in	      technology. The
'love'
story was kinda disjointed, but 	     hey- they covered '14-18 in

about 3 hours, so something		 has to loose ;)

The Light Horsemen  (Okay, so I like flicks about Australia in WWI ;)

	       A good flick too with a decent story- and the

      cavarly charge in the end was very cool!)

Battleground	(A WWII flick set in the REAL Battle of the Bulge and

	   revolves around a single squad of glidermen. There

   really wasn't much fighting in the movie, but it hit
me
as being really accurate- all of the marching		       around,
digging in, and a few short and sharp fights.		       The
characters were really good and you grew to like		  them
as
people as the movie went on. Not a bad flick		      at all)

Prev: Re: [OT] Ideologies, was Re: Starship Troopers (was RE: Mission to Mars) Next: Re: AFV's/Curiosity