Prev: Re: Combat films Next: Re: A film I forgot

Re: Stats and other strangeness

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 06:02:58 -0500
Subject: Re: Stats and other strangeness

Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay wrote:

> "Statistics is like a Bikini. What it reveals is tantalizing, what it
> conceals is essential." - Friend of mine

Who was it that said if you are a conservative at twenty you have no
heart,
but if you are a liberal at forty you have no brain?

> Attempt at OnTopicness: It'd be interesting to see what kinds of
changes
> the GZGverse has brought to these definitions and which new ones have
> been added. I assume their are descriptors (political/social) for
>     - Martians
>     - Belters
>     - Megacorps
>     - The block powers
>     - People who think Terrans should abandon space

These would be your green party types? i.e. "Lets not screw up all these
other planets?"

>     - People who think Earth should rule all of space

>     - People who think Earth should take a flying leap

i.e Branch Davidian types. Especially the ones that can afford or
contrive
he wherewith all to move on to one planet and practice their various
pograms, opps I mean programs unobserved. Those'll be the scariest
planets...

> And with corporations larger than countries, that would have to have a
> huge impact on how politics was played.

Sure, since the old haves vs have nots will porbbaly remain the first
rule
of class.
Los

Prev: Re: Combat films Next: Re: A film I forgot