Prev: Re: Mission to Mars Next: Re: Wargames Vs. RPG's

Re: Wargames Vs. RPG's

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:21:31 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Wargames Vs. RPG's

On 16-Mar-00 at 18:43, Brian Burger (yh728@victoria.tc.ca) wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Tom Anderson wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 devans@uneb.edu wrote:
> >
> > > Oh, great, not that the reoccurance of the SST thread was enough,
you
> > > have to start this holy war... ;->=
> >
> > now all we have to do is start the gun control argument, and
possibly an
> > america-vs-britain one, and we can bring the list into meltdown -
unless,
> > of course, GZG gives in to our demand for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!
what's
> > that? oh, okay: ONE BILLION DOLLARS!
>
> <mode="extreme sarcasm">
> Oh boy, a new gun control thread. It won't be the same, though - last
> time, Full Metal Atkinson was here, frothing and foaming for the NRA
> side...
>
> And us-vs-them nationalism, too. Very cool... those and SST - all the
> hot-button threads going at once! Who wants to start?
> </mode>

I would but my major fun on the gun control issue is pointing out that
the statistics pointed to by both sides were done by people that had
conclusions drawn before they ever started their "research".  It's
rather amazing,  rabid gun owners and equally rabid gun haters
cannot form a coherent arguement when you take their statistics away
from them.  I do wonder though if this isn't what has happened in
the US as a whole, and maybe even worldwide.  Logic isn't necessary,
just use a statistic that supports your arguement.

Roger

Prev: Re: Mission to Mars Next: Re: Wargames Vs. RPG's