Prev: Re: Mission to Mars Next: Re: Starship Troopers Government

Re: Mission to Mars

From: JohnDHamill@a...
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 01:08:08 EST
Subject: Re: Mission to Mars

In a message dated 3/16/00 5:18:52 PM Central Standard Time,
agoodall@interlog.com writes:

<< What I meant was that Heinlein's far right conservativism isn't any
more
 realistic than far left Marxism. It requires people to behave in
non-realistic
 ways for it to work. I mean, seriously, the only people who get to vote
are
 those who enter the military? Aside from the fact that any party that
tried
 put that into effect would be committing political suicide, the
economic
 effects would be awful.

Actually, it's the far left and the far right that do the most voting in
the
US, most of the middle tend to sit out silly things like elections. The
only
reason that recent presidential elections here have tended toward the
middle
is the enourmous influence of the Baby Boomers, who tend to get
squeamish
when you show too much passion for your position. This is why guys like
Pat
Buchanon and Jesse Jackson don't last long in presidential elections,
they
upset too many Boomers...

John
JohnDHamill@aol.com

Prev: Re: Mission to Mars Next: Re: Starship Troopers Government