Prev: Re: Combat films Next: Re: Starship Troopers Government

Re: Mission To Mars (not really...)

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 22:03:09 -0500
Subject: Re: Mission To Mars (not really...)

Quoth the Adrian:
>Characters in a film have to make us believe that THEY believe
what is
>going on.

(snips)

I agree.  I really enjoyed Conan The Barbarian because they were
serious about it (and I got the video and two copies of the
soundtrack by Basil Polidouris); I enjoyed Monty Python & the
Holy Grail--even though it was silly all the way
through--because it was internally consistent (and the fact that
I saw it for the first time right after my first gaming con,
starting at 4am Sunday morning, may have helped).  I hated Conan
the Destroyer because they decided to add absurdity to a serious
story, and it grated.

Prev: Re: Combat films Next: Re: Starship Troopers Government