Prev: RE: Wargames Vs. RPG's Next: Re: Wargames Vs. RPG's

Re: Mission to Mars

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 18:16:28 -0500
Subject: Re: Mission to Mars

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:01:57 -0600, "Chris Lowrey" <clowrey@primary.net>
wrote:

>I'm not sure why it having a decidedly conservative bent would preclude
it
>from being given good movie treatment.  Can't there be movies with a
more
>conservative appeal.  We've all been treated to liberal fare (sometimes
>extreme liberal stuff) from Hollywood for years and years.

Well, first, let's not get into a liberal versus conservative Hollywood
argument. I could debate that until the cows came home! *L*

What I meant was that Heinlein's far right conservativism isn't any more
realistic than far left Marxism. It requires people to behave in
non-realistic
ways for it to work. I mean, seriously, the only people who get to vote
are
those who enter the military? Aside from the fact that any party that
tried to
put that into effect would be committing political suicide, the economic
effects would be awful.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: RE: Wargames Vs. RPG's Next: Re: Wargames Vs. RPG's