Prev: OT: Lightning Strike Demo Next: Re: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc.

Re: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc.

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 23:34:15 PST
Subject: Re: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc.

I'm sorry, let me clarify. The only thing I really find wrong with the
rule
is that while a big, powerful ADS system can only defend against a
limited
number of missiles, even when they're coming RIGHT AT IT, little PDS
can,
according to the rules, stop an unlimited number of incoming attacks.
YOur
arguements are all valid, but hsouldn't the PDS suffer similar
limitations?

Brian B

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>

No? Put it like this: Lighting up a powerful active targetting system
is a *very* good way of attracting lots of enemy fire... it's true
today, and I don't see it becoming less true in the future...

 > If today's forces plan to use the very tactic you
consider so "cheesy" (ie, using light units with massive ATGM firepower
specifically to kill ADS vehicles), why on earth should the rules
prevent it?

Prev: OT: Lightning Strike Demo Next: Re: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc.