Prev: Re: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc. Next: Re: Ferreting out subgroups

Ferreting out subgroups

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:10:58 -0500
Subject: Ferreting out subgroups

Brian wrote:

As for your points about us Americans and Aussie vs. NZ accents, I must
plead guilty, though I am learning.  Similarly, I've met very few
Aussies or

Kiwis who could tell an American from a Canadian very easily, especially
if
the American was from say, Michigan or Minnesota or Wisconsin or the
Dakotas, and if the Canadian was from southern Ontario or BC or anywhere

near the US border, yet we have a fairly easy time making those
distinctions.

** <TONGUE_IN_CHEEK>
Um, I'm not sure that is true. A few key questions sort us out. Similar
style questions could sort Aussies from Kiwis or even Westies from other
Aussies.

1. What's your national sport? In Canada, no response but Hockey is
acceptable. Baseball or Football would be a typical US answer.

2. Is your money multicoloured? If yes, Canada. If no or "we don't use
monopoly money", then US.

3. What percentage alcahol is beer? American 4-4.5%. Canadian 5-6%.

4. Are Handguns, Free Speech, and Freedom of Assembly rights enshrined
in
your Constitution? Canada, no (or not really). US, mostly yes.

5. Has your country ever sent a man to the moon? US, yes. Canada, no but
we
have a few candidates....

6. What's a butter tart? Canadian, "Ambrosia". American, "Huh?".

</TONGUE_IN_CHEEK>

Prev: Re: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc. Next: Re: Ferreting out subgroups