Prev: [OT]D+J Sale Next: RE: Soundtracks

RE: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc.

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:45:12 -0500
Subject: RE: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc.

I believe that the reason that PDFCs attack IVAR's and PDS attack GMS is
two-fold.
1) Different sensors/fire control systems. PDFC's probably detect
high-speed
movement toward the vechicle (bullets, grenades, IVARs). PDS is probably
activated by radar, lasers, and other active ranging/designating
sources.
2) Area of coverage. PDFC's primarily protect the front, back, and sides
of
the vehicle. PDS primarily look for targets that are more elevated
(trying
for the top armor).

-----
Brian Bell