Prev: Re: Unification vs. Diversity Next: Re: Falkenberg/DSII

Re: Ro'kah

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 11:16:18 +1300
Subject: Re: Ro'kah

Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay wrote:
> ** But we have it. In the sense that humans and predators in RL have a
"sixth sense". I'm not talking GW Psykers here. I'm just talking a
factor
which probably encompasses chemical, vocal, audial, magnetic,
electrical,
etc. senses to produce a rather specialized 6th sense. If you've ever
been
close to a large cat, you get a feeling from him, a vibe. Large
predators
all have a sense. It's just like how, if you stare at the back of a
sentry
intensely enough, he's likely to turn around. He just gets a crawly
feeling.
I've experienced this effect - it isn't more than somewhat reliable, but
it
exists. This was the kind of extra-sensory phenomena I was talking
about.
Not extra-sensory now that I think about it - more supersensory - that
is to
say your subconscious processing all the little bits of data not
noticeable
to the conscious mind and doing something with that. Combine this with
an
adrenal system that goes ballistic under threat conditions (mellows with
age, mellows with training, some might be immune like the humans who
never
shake during a fight from adrenalin - they're cool as cucumbers) and you
have Ro'kah. No *psi* involved.

It's known that Elephants emit and sense subsonic sounds. A similar
mechanism in humans could well be possible, perhaps by resonance in the
lungs/chest cavity.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
-><-

Prev: Re: Unification vs. Diversity Next: Re: Falkenberg/DSII