Prev: Re: FB2? (was: European trip) Next: Re: Proper mass ratings

Re: [DS2]-Command/Communications?

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 12:12:14 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS2]-Command/Communications?

> Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 10:55:33 -0800
> From: Aron_Clark@digidesign.com
> Subject: Re: [DS2]-Command/Communications?
>
> Well my initial thinking on "multiple command vehicles to offset the
C&C
> confidence drop" was "no, I don't think so".	One overall C&C for the
ent=
> ire
> battle group.  Heck keep it simple.  Although, I don't see why you
couldn=
> 't
> organize a battle group with multiple commands.  Each command would
have =
> command vehicle and it's loss would effect only that command.  Maybe a
go=
> od idea
> for multi-player sides.  DS is pretty loose, even defined as
"generic", s=
> o I'd
> recommend any modifications which suit your setting.	Good luck - Aron

i kinda like the way Command Decision (WW2 miniatures) handles morale
and
leaders.  given that each stand equates to a platoon in CD, there are
company,
battalion, regiment, etc leaders.  they each issue orders to their
immediate
commands.  if a leader is out-of-action, the immediate group takes a
morale
check (but not too severe).  commanders may take over orphaned or stray
units with a Take Command order, but only groups belonging to a lower
"rank".
example, a battalion CO could Take Command of a company or platoon, but
not
another
battalion.

not only does this allow for re-organization but the possible
continuance
of a battle.  it works well in CD, and pretty smooth in DS2, so far.

dave

Prev: Re: FB2? (was: European trip) Next: Re: Proper mass ratings