Prev: Proper mass ratings Next: Re: FB2? (was: European trip)

Re: [FT] Question about Armor from a newbie...

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:04:44 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Question about Armor from a newbie...

Stark, Luke wrote:

>I've been looking in the FB1 and can't find this...am I blind?

No, the armour points cost is missing.

>Armor is 1 mass per circle...right?

Yep (says so on page 7, under "Hull Armour").

>Is there a point cost also?

2xMass, just like hull.

>Is there an upper limit to the amount of armor you can add (other than
>available mass...)

There's no such limit in the rules.

However, since most weapons have some ability to bypass armour (beams
on rerolls, needles always, P-torps and Salvo Missiles with half (round
down) the damage), you'll find that having too much armour on too
brittle a hull will result isn't too effective :-)

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Proper mass ratings Next: Re: FB2? (was: European trip)