Prev: Re: I DID IT AGAIN!!! Next: RE: The Awards Listing v 0.5 & Turkey hunting

Re: The Awards Listing v 0.5 & Turkey hunting

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 09:05:31 +1000
Subject: Re: The Awards Listing v 0.5 & Turkey hunting

G'day Jon,

>	However, studies have been done that show that the female lays
>fertile eggs for the whole mating season after only being mated by the
>tom ONCE!  The tom's sperm is viable for the whole month!  What a
>scam!	I bet nobody's told the female turkeys yet.

Yes but was it really his, many birds now turn out to cuckold their
'mates'
on a regular basis...

Besides one month is low compares to say skinks where it can be 6 months
right through to deep sea fish (like the angler fish) where the male
latches onto the female once he's found her and then is absorbed and
becomes little more than a bag ot testes hanging off her side... now
that's
committment! ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: I DID IT AGAIN!!! Next: RE: The Awards Listing v 0.5 & Turkey hunting