Prev: Re: [GZG ECC] "The Umpire Strikes Back" - The Predators Next: Re: That MP3 Soundtrack...

Re: [DS2] Walkers

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 00:37:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DS2] Walkers

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Laserlight wrote:

> The Alarishi Imperial Armed Service fields quite a number of
> Combat Walkers in all sizes, but I have no idea what figures to
> use.	This is for DS2 so they'd need to be 6mm scale.   The size
> 1's should, if possible, look like upsized NSL power armor.
> Larger sizes should, well, look like 6mm vehicles.  Suggestions?

Scotia Micromodels (in N. America from Simtac) have a couple of very
nice
6mm infantry walkers. Big rounded things, with a gun arm and, for the
Heavy Support model, some sort of backpack-mount weapon.
(vertical-launch
GMS/H?). come to think of if, they do look sort of like the NSL PA.

Scotia also has soem very nice 6mm PA - I've got an entire reinforced
battalion plus supports awaiting painting, one of these years. The
regular
microarmour vehicles are also very nice.(lots of them around, too.
Further
battalions, in fact...)

On the down side, you should consider spending the extra Shipping &
Handling to deal directly with Scotia in the UK - SimTac's customer
service record & time-to-delivery is less than stellar, while Scotia's
is
excellent. Scotia also has a few more, different minis that Simtac
doesn't
make.

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-
   -"Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous."-
	 - from Terry Pratchett's 'Interesting Times' -

Prev: Re: [GZG ECC] "The Umpire Strikes Back" - The Predators Next: Re: That MP3 Soundtrack...