Prev: Re: [DS2] Walkers Next: Figures I'd like to see [Jon, Nic, anyone else] [SG2]

Soundtracks

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 01:31:09 -0500
Subject: Soundtracks

Well, Jon mentioned the CDs I'd mention.
I'll also add that the Hunt For Red October sountrack would be awesome
for an FT soundtrack.

Music from Saving Ryan's Privates is also good.

We used to like Phil Collins/Genesis (some of the lyrics were pretty
good - for snipers, we had the tune that includes the line "Bang - Bang
- Bang! and down you go, its just a job I do.... I've got your name, and
I've got your number, I've got my sights on you!" and for comms there
was another one that featured "is anybody listening? .... there was no
reply at all....no reply at all....").

Classical Thunder with all its brass and drums and Roman sounding
marches... fits well with any ground or space battle.

Any national anthem is appropriate for that type of force...How can the
NAC commander fail to react to God Save The King?

For Charlie Co and Nam era SG2, there are lots of popular tunes (as seen
in Tour of Duty and other places)....

There are also a number of sound effects CDs with artillery, gunfire,
screaming, cars crashing, alien sounds, etc.

I've gotta get a copy of an MP3 I just heard lately - a Dance/House
remix using Army of Darkness samples...

And the best theme for a "huge attacker/small defender" game is still
the Imperial March....

:)

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

Homepage: http:\\fox.ntsn.ca\~kaladorn\index.html
ICQ: 58316640 (Tomin8tor)

"Ah. I see. Inform me if there is any change in his condition."
<hangs up the phone>
"How is he?"
"He's dead."
-- The movie Top Secret

Prev: Re: [DS2] Walkers Next: Figures I'd like to see [Jon, Nic, anyone else] [SG2]