Prev: Re: DS II Movement Next: Re: Flyers

Re: Snow

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 23:47:22 +0000
Subject: Re: Snow

>Ground Zero Games wrote:
>

>> If you want talc in bulk for something like this, don't buy it from
the
>> chemist (drugstore to you Yanks <grin>) - get it from a glassfibre
>> supplier; it is what we use as a filler in polyester resin castings,
and
>> goes under various names including Microdol, Norwegian Talc, Calcium
>> carbonate etc.
>> It's non-perfumed, and costs about 10 UKP for 25Kg! Like bathroom
talc, it
>> get EVERYWHERE, so tell your players not to breathe too hard over the
>> table.....
>>

>I'm just picturing the look of the gaming room after that much talc....
>...though on a hot day, the players might get some benefit from it.
<grin>

Ah, the delicate odour of unwashed gamer wafting in the breeze......
;-)

"I love the smell of wargame shows in the morning - smells
like.....profits!!"

<BIG GRIN>

Jon (GZG)

>The good thing about talc is that it won't attract ants or other
vermin.
>The bad
>thing about it is that it won't necessarily stay where you want it.
One good
>breeze....  ...it would make a good blizzard effect though.

On a very slightly serious note, I guess maybe you could lightly damp it
down with one of those houseplant water sprayer bottles? Wouldn't like
think about the clear-up afterward, though.... ;-)