Prev: Re: FW: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario Next: RE: FW: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario

Re: FW: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario

From: Aron_Clark@d...
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:16:26 -0800
Subject: Re: FW: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario

Very nice, best suggestion I've seen so far.  Kudos to you.

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

To:   gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Aron Clark/AM/Avid)

One thing I was thinking is you could set up the scenario such that
you know how many marines are going to hit the planet.	For instance
using "Honor Harringtonish" setup, the forces guarding the planet
are doing maneuvers away from the planet and you've slipped the
aggressor force in without power.

Thus, you know exactly how many marines hit the planet, what you
don't know is how long they have.

With this kind of situation you can even play out the SG part
first.	You just end the scenario at the point the marines
call for pickup.  Then you run the FT scenario, if there are
ships in orbit when pickup is called for extraction occurs,
otherwise the marines are stuck.

Victory for the marine player, accomplishing objective and
reaching extraction point.

Victory for the fleet player, surviving and having ships in
orbit X turns.

Victory for the aggressor force, marines accomplishing objective
_AND_ escaping onboard ship.

Roger

Prev: Re: FW: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario Next: RE: FW: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario