Prev: Snow Next: Re: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario

Re: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 17:02:21 -0500
Subject: Re: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario

"Hudak, Mike" wrote:

> Maybe so, but it comes down to how many turns the FT ships can
maintain
> orbit without being driven off by the defenders.  It would seem to me
trying
> to hold orbit for more than two turns would be very difficult.  Base
the SG2
> game on how long the attackers can actually hold orbit (And how many
ships
> survive orbit.)

    OK, your scenario idea is the number of troops for the attacker is
directly
proportional to the number of rounds they can hold orbit.  What I'm
saying is
that you're going to have to adjust that greatly.  If the attacker can't
get
orbit, then you don't have a game.  If the attacker gets 1 turn of
orbit, he'll
get a force of size X.	If he gets two turns of orbit, he gets 2X.  I'd
find it
difficult, at best, to design a sceanrio that plays as well when a force
of
fixed size goes up against 1X as it does against 2X.
    As an alternate, I'd suggest that you playtest the FT scenario to
see what
can be reasonably expected.  Then adjust the size of the attacker's
force +/-10%
based on how well the FT team does in their transport duties.  Anything
greater
than 20% is going to sway the odd too greatly.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"Tradition refuses to submit to the small and
 arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen
 to be walking about."
 -G.K. Chesterton

Prev: Snow Next: Re: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario