Prev: RE: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario Next: RE: [OT] Ships & Spheres...or 3D representation

Re: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 16:25:02 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario

On  2-Mar-00 at 16:22, Michael Sarno (msarno@ptdprolog.net) wrote:

> "Hudak, Mike" wrote:
>
> > If you're trying to combine scenario types, how about a Planetary
> > invasion/extraction mission?  You could start with the FT mission
where
> > you're trying to escort transport ships to a planet, either for
> > extraction or invasion, while an opponent defends the planet.
However
> > long the agressor keeps appropriate ships in orbit is how long those
> > services are available to ground units.  Also, the number of
transports
> > that survive affects the troop size of the agressor/how many troops
can be
> > evacuated.
> >
> > Once times are established, you can later play the SG2 scenario,
based on
> > parameters established from the FT scenario.
>
>     I'm not sure it's a good idea to link the SG turns all that
closely
>     with
> the FT turns.  The FT turns will be equal to roughly 3 SG turns.  Just
for
> comparison, the Beer Game only lasted 6 turns, with a full platoon on
> either side.	Even if we doubled that length, which is about all you
can
> hope to get into 4 hours, we're still only talking about 4 FT turns.
For
> the FT game to have any impact at all, you're really going to have to
peg
> their success to something other than the number of turns.

Sounds perfect, 6 SG turns take 4 FT turns.  So in the FT game you have
Approach and chase off defenders, 3 turns.  Orbit planet and drop off
troops, 1 turn.  Hold high orbitals (with support missions depending
on where you are in orbit) 2 turns while 6 turns of SG occur.  Recover
shuttles and break orbit 1 turn.

So overall you have 7 FT turns and 6 SG turns.

Roger

Prev: RE: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario Next: RE: [OT] Ships & Spheres...or 3D representation